Advantages of Using #250
#250 Encourages Immediate Response
This chart illustrates the half-life of interest. It is hard enough to grab the consumer’s attention via advertising. If we can interest them in our product AND motivate them to call (“The Moment of Conviction”), we certainly do not want any barriers to response.
Primary barriers to response include the inability to remember random 800 numbers or SMS shortcodes. THAT is why it takes multiple exposures to get a consumer to act - NOT because they cannot be convinced upon first exposure to the message.
When driving and listening to the radio, we can’t write down phone numbers nor dial safely (imagine hunting & pecking a vanity number on a two-lane highway). Texting is out of the question. Dialing #250 and conducting business by voice is the only safe solution.
Mobile phones now have higher penetration and usage than landlines. While watching TV ads, if I have to get off the couch to reach the landline or get a pencil, I’m not doing it. But I do have my mobile phone in my pocket, and can respond easily by dialing #250 and saying the product keyword.
Ease of Use means higher response rates. Our clients have experienced 30% or better increases in call volume.
#250 has the Widest Marketing Reach
#250 has the greatest reach of any mobile marketing medium, and is the only platform that spans all carriers, handset manufacturers and operating systems. It is THE common denominator.
SMS (text) is enabled on a high percentage of handsets, but many factors limit its practical reach, such as lack of a QWERTY keypad, anti-texting-while-driving laws, difficulty in typing for some demographic groups, and difficulty remembering random shortcodes.
Voice Enable Your Text Marketing
You’ve heard and seen it before, “Text (keyword) to 73864″. While somewhat effective, it has some major drawbacks.
- Every text marketing campaign uses a different, random shortcode, which is difficult to remember and there is no continuity across ad campaigns.
- Some age and social demographic groups do not regularly use text messaging, and therefore, SMS messaging may not reach all of the intended audiences.
- Many handsets do not have a QWERTY keypad, making it difficult to spell a word on the number dialpad.
“Just dial #250, and SAY The Keyword”
- SAYING a keyword is much easier than typing a keyword.
- This allows older and handicapped people to more easily interact with your brand.
- #250 is the number to dial for ALL advertisers, so consumers become familiar with it.
#250 provides more response options than just a text reply!
#250 can support a variety of responses for your keyword. Upon saying your keyword, the caller can:
- hear a voice message or alert,
- be routed to a call center
- and/or receive a text message.
If you’d like to take advantage of adding MDR’s #250 service to your next campaign, please call us at 816-559-0620 or fill out our simple Information Request Form. Better yet, just dial #250 from your mobile phone and say “Get More Calls!”